Friday, May 05, 2006
- Chili's Bar and Grill (Grape St, Whitehall) - Starting at 5pm, Barry and Keith from WZZO will be broadcasting live. Live entertainment, drink specials and a chance to win a trip to Mexico.
- Pancho Villa Mexican Grill (219 W. Broad St, Quakertown) - Cinco de Mayo celebration with specials, free give-aways and complimentary Margaritas
- First Friday (Southside Bethlehem) - Whether you check out the Banana Factory or one of the many shops everyone is sure to have a little Mexican flair tonight.
Looking to impress someone tonight with a little Mexican cooking of your own? Don't forget the margaritas! Here's a simple recipe that anyone can follow:
1 1/2 oz tequila
3/4 oz Cointreau
3/4 oz Grand Marnier
1/2 oz lime juice
2 oz sour mix
Mix ingredients and serve!
Thursday, May 04, 2006
May 13th, 8 to 10pm
An Evening with Sound Improvisation- Featuring Jack Wright and Tatsuya Nakatani with special guests Jean-Luc Guionnet and David Chiesa.
We welcome back Jack and Tatsuya, who performed at Connexions for the first time in January of 2005. Their unique method of blending their instruments, for Jack the Saxophone and Tatsuya, all things percussion, created a performance that was as mesmerizing as it was educational. Through moving beyond traditional sounds, they created an environment within the gallery space and a unique experience for those adventurous enough to seek out different styles of music.
Jean- Luc Guinnet- alot saxophonist, born in Lyon and currently living in Paris, formally studied Electra-accoustic music at Boulgne Billancourt Conservatory prior to receiving his Bachelors degree from the Sorbonne School of Art in Paris. While working on his Master's degree he began to work with Electra Acoustic musicians, Eric Cordier and Eric La Casa. In addition to continuing to perform her has also worked in the experimental film field.
David Chiesa- double bass- self taught, he began to explore music through participation in diverse rock bands. In 1997, he turned towards improvisation, orientating his work towards other artistic practices such as dance and film. He is the co-founder of Le Clou based in the Dordogne region of France, the purpose of which is focused on the development and spread of the improvisatory practice.
This will be a BYOB event with a suggested donation of $8.00 going towards travel expenses for the musicians. This will be an all weather event with the performance scheduled to be held in the garden at Connexions. In the event of rain or foul weather, we suggest you bring a folding chair for the indoor performance.
For more information, please contact the gallery at 610 250 7627.
Sunday, Monday: 12-4
Thursday, Friday: 12-5
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
- The Crayola Factory - (30 Centre Square) You are never too old to color outside the lines. Check out this kid and adult friendly attraction.
- Witch Brew - (Northampton St) Need a drink after being around kids all afternoon? Check out Witch Brew for an interesting evening out and some good food too!
- Easton Pez Museum - (15-19 South Bank Street) You heard me right, a Pez Museum! Their massive collection has every type of Pez you could possibly think of.
- The State Theater - (453 Northampton Street)
- First Weekend - Much like Bethlehem's First Friday, the city is hopping all weekend long with art galleries, yoga classes and brewery tours. Well worth the trip to Easton!