Top tips for networking at events
- Have a one-minute “elevator pitch” ready to describe yourself.
- If you feel awkward, go with someone who is not and ask them to help you.
- Arrive early and check the name tags to see who else has arrived.
- Avoid spending too much time at the bar or in dead areas where it is hard to move onto another person you want to talk to if you get bored.
- If you do feel trapped find someone else the person you are with might enjoy speaking to.
- Ask others to introduce you to the people you want to meet.
- Get drinks for people who are having a good conversation.