From the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail Association:
It is a great time to celebrate! The 2007 harvest is now complete. This should be one of the finest vintages in years. The warm, dry summer and fall have added many unique and special components to this year’s crop. These components are complemented by the mineral-rich soil of the Lehigh Valley.
Nouveau Weekend, Nov. 17 and 18, will be your first opportunity to sample some of the unique components of this year’s vintage. The nine wineries of the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail will each share their individual specialties as listed below:
• Nouveau Weekend at Vynecrest – Enjoy caramelized onion herb focaccia bread with our 2007 Gamay Beaujolais Nouveau wine.
• Big Creek Vineyard and Winery will pair Pasta Ossabaw (pasta with Gorgonzola sauce) with the 2007 Marechal Foch Nouveau.
• Franklin Hill will serve pierogies with assorted toppings, dips and cheese paired with our Nouvelle wine.
• Pinnacle Ridge Winery has done a twist on the Nouveau tradition this year by producing a white wine called “NuVo.” From Sémillon grapes, the winery has created an easy-drinking table wine reminiscent of Austrian pub wine. This unfiltered, semidry white is a hearty companion on a rainy, raw day with the rib-sticking goodness of a thick soup. Paired with the 2007 NuVo at the event will be a rich, golden corn chowder.
• Galen Glen will feature a classic French-style Nouveau produced from 2007 gamay and sweet potato scallops with caramelized onions. The onions are an especially good match to the fruitiness of the Nouveau; just add a turkey, and Thanksgiving is on the table!
• Amore will debut two new releases: Raspberry Romance and 2006 Chambourcin Reserve. Also, a tasting of this year’s Niagara will be available. Assorted bread, cheese and “almost-famous” homemade dipping oil will be offered.
• Celebrate Nouveau Weekend at Clover Hill Vineyards & Winery. Wine and food pairings don’t always need to be fancy dishes. Join us as we sample mini pulled pork sandwiches with Turtle Rock Red, a local favorite! Learn how to make an everyday dinner more enjoyable!
• Blue Mountain will offer an assortment of artisan bread and cheese provided by F. Crivellaro Italian Cheese & Bakery paired with our newly released 2007 Nouveau Beaujolais. Enjoy our Mountain Spice mulled just right and paired with an autumn pumpkin loaf.
Nouveau Weekend is also a great time to start planning your Christmas gift giving. Remember to order your custom labels early. Also, it is a great opportunity to stock your wine racks for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s.