On Saturday, June 30, 2007, nine of Emmaus’ most beautiful and imaginative gardens will be open to visitors for strolling, looking, learning and smelling the wonderful fragrance of flowers. It’s all about the art – of gardening that is!
The nine locations are:
- Knaus Homestead & Remembrance Garden: 444 Minor St.
- 1803 House: 55 South Keystone Avenue
- Veteran's Memorial Garden
- Farmer's Garden: 221 N. 3rd St
- Lee's Front Garden: 228 N. 3rd St
- Boehmer's Garden: 332 N. 3rd St.
- Tempest's Garden: 127 W. Berger St
- Loch's Garden: 105 Spruce St.
- Nowak's Garden: 104 E. Spruce St.
Participation by local artisans and musicians will add to this memorable day. Along with the walking tour, there will be learning sessions during which attendees will have the opportunity to converse with master gardeners and designers discussing such topics as cottage gardening, unusual plants for the garden, groundcovers, growing and using herbs, to name a few. All presenters are key players in the development of creating ideas for successful home garden. All gardens will be hosted by the owner as well as some designers. You’ll have the opportunity to have hosts answer questions about the gardens and plants combinations included. Visitors are invited to see the gardens at their own pace and photographers are welcome. Each garden is within walking distance of downtown Emmaus.
Tickets are $5 per person and available at various locations. Children under 12 FREE! You may also buy tickets the day of the tour at any of the tour houses.