The Chamber says if each of us shifts just $50 of outside spending back to area businesses this year, our local economy will grow by $25 million. And for every $250,000 spent locally a new job will be created.
So the NET is asking its members to do their part by buying local this holiday season. The following are business groups offering specials, events and promotions during December.
- First Friday (Dec. 1) and Miracle on 3rd and 4th Streets window displays (ongoing through Dec. 25), businesses open until 9 p.m. in Southside Bethlehem
- Twelve Days of Chirstmas window displays (ongoing through Dec. 25) in Northside Bethlehem
- Second Saturday in downtown Easton surrounding Centre Square, a regular event held in Easton with special discounts and entertainment
- Third Thursday in downtown Emmaus, a regular event held in Emmaus with extended hours and entertainment
- Old Fashion Christmas Emmaus (Dec. 1 and Dec. 2)
- Macungie Holiday (Dec. 9)
- Hometown Hellertown Shopping Spectacular (Dec. 16)